Latest posts by Midge Raymond (see all)
- Vegan Dining in San Diego: Anthem Vegan - September 23, 2018
- Q&A with WRITING FOR ANIMALS contributor Alex Lockwood - August 17, 2018
- Q&A with WRITING FOR ANIMALS contributor Sangamithra Iyer - August 16, 2018
Save the dates: October 29 to November 6, 2018!
When John and I volunteered at the Punta Tombo penguin colony in Argentina, helping with a penguin census of the largest Magellanic colony in the world, our experiences with the land, penguins, and dedicated scientists inspired our novels, The Tourist Trail and My Last Continent. Now you can join us for a chance to see this spectacular colony firsthand, learn about its incredible history, and find out how to help conservation efforts in this extraordinary part of the world.
You’ll also have the opportunity to see and experience wildlife in ways you never imagined as we travel from Buenos Aires to Punta Tombo to the UNESCO World Heritage site Peninsula Valdes, where penguins, rheas, guanacos, foxes, sea lions, elephant seals, orcas, and many more stunning creatures reside. We’ll have a uniquely intimate experience with nature based at the private estancia Rincon Chico, accompanied all the way by a team of experienced local guides. (Note: While we’ll experience a lot of wildlife, we won’t be “roughing it” — the activity level will be light to moderate, and the accommodations will be lovely!)
And if you’re up for a further adventure into the icy places of My Last Continent and The Tourist Trail, there is an optional add-on excursion to Antarctica!
This literary & wildlife adventure includes…
- Welcome dinner & tour in arrival city Buenos Aires
- Penguin & wildlife excursions, including whale watching, with local guides
- Signed copies of My Last Continent and The Tourist Trail
- …and so, so, so much more!
Reserve your spot before January 31, 2018, for a $300 discount — reservations are limited as this will be an intimate, exclusive tour. Learn more here, and feel free to contact us or Susan McBeth (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you have.